Since it’s the first of January, the first day of a whole new year, I was thinking today about all the things I did for the first time in 2015. I suspect some less dramatic firsts are slipping my mind, but here’s a short list, at least:
- I started sewing my own lingerie (which led to a new blog, among other things);
- I made my first Hollandaise sauce (is that supposed to be capitalized? I’m never sure);
- I traveled south of the US border/into the southern hemisphere/to South America/to Buenos Aires, Argentina for the first time;
- I taught my first sewing workshop;
- I planned, prepped, cooked, and served my first authentic Argentinian dinner for friends;
- I combined Knittique, The Bratelier, and Photo/Graphic Design into one color-oriented website for the first time;
- I sewed a very British-looking houndstooth-checked wool cushion cover for a friend’s Aston Martin— first time I’ve made an accessory for a luxury car;
- I danced at my first New Year’s Eve milonga (Argentine tango social dance)! I also designed the promotional flyers for this galaxy-themed event— another first.
I’m sure there must be many more, so here’s my Resolution #1 for 2016: Record all firsts when they happen, then do a round-up at the end of the year. I want to remember everything this year— it’s going to be the best year ever!
Happy New Year, everyone! Here’s to many more firsts in 2016!